Maths Gear's very own Steve Mould and Matt Parker perform sell-out live shows as Festival Of The Spoken Nerd, along with geek songstress Helen Arney. Their 2017 tour show, You Can't Polish A Nerd, is now available as a digital disc (DVD) and a digital file (download).
You don't just get the show: both options are crammed with bonus alternative soundtracks and directors commentaries, English subtitles, DVD Unboxing Video featuring Matt Parker, swanky 16-page booklet full of experiments to do at home and a code to download the show for yourself in HD. You can also buy the t-shirts here!
Only want a download of the show? Go here to buy it instantly from just £π (£3.14). You can also buy or rent it from iTunes, Amazon Video, Google Play, Youtube Movies, Xbox and Microsoft Store - just search your favourite platform for "Festival of the Spoken Nerd".
Or buy one of these options from Maths Gear:
- Signed DVD: includes a code sent via email for a free HD download of the show. Price = p196 pence = £11.93
- Signed Luxury Download Gift Pack: we send you a special edition of the 20-page booklet, which contains a code that the recipient can redeem for a free HD download of the show. We also email you a second code so you can get a free download of the show too. The perfect gift for yourself and a friend! Price = p154 pence = £8.87
You can also get our 2014 and 2016 tour shows Full Frontal Nerdity and Just For Graphs in the same formats - plus exclusive t-shirts based on our shows - click here for the full collection.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The download code inside the gift pack can be redeemed at the Spoken Nerd shop by following this link.
What do I get in both versions?
- 107 minutes of You Can't Polish A Nerd, filmed live at London's Arts Depot theatre.
- Subtitles in English.
- "Safer For Schools" soundtrack.
- Five hours of behind-the-scenes commentaries from Matt, Steve and Helen.
- Matt's infinitely long DVD Unboxing Video.
- 16-page booklet full of bonus nerdity and experiments to do at home.
- This DVD has been classified by BBFC as suitable for ages 12 and over.
- Download is High Definition, DRM-free mp4 format (1080p) and is guaranteed to work anywhere in the world!
Will the DVD work in my DVD player?
This DVD is not region locked, but it is in PAL format. It will work on most modern DVD players and laptops, but we cannot guarantee this (especially in North America where NTSC reigns supreme!) so please check your system before ordering. More on PAL vs NTSC is here.
Why get the download gift pack?
We know some people prefer downloads, but also want a physical object to go with it. If you buy the download gift pack, you'll get a code to download everything that's on the DVD in High Definition, but also a specially printed edition of the 16-page booklet (always the best bit of a DVD anyway!) wrapped up in a snazzy cellophane bag. We've even signed the booklet, making it the perfect gift for nerds who are already living in a future without DVD players. Or in an NTSC-only DVD region.
About the Spoken Nerds
- “Science was never such hilarious explosive fun” (Richard Herring)
- “They make science fun and understandable which is a great combo” (Sandi Toksvig, BBC QI)
- ‘‘Made me go Hydrogen Argon, Hydrogen Argon, Hydrogen Argon” (Rufus Hound)
- “These nerds are the real deal” (Ben Goldacre, Bad Science)
What the critics said about the show
- **** “Fantastic and funny… you don’t need to be a nerd to enjoy this show” (Broadway Baby)
- “The nerds are back, and they’re bigger and better than ever” (Redbrick Magazine)
- **** “Sharp wit and quick thinking… a fantastic night of comedy” (The National Student)
- "Part of rationalism's desperate rearguard action" (Sunday Times)